About this policy
- “Personal Information” is defined as information and data, whether recorded in a material form or not, relating to an identified or identifiable natural person that is processed by or on behalf of Kookaburra, whether or not by automated means; and
The Privacy Act applies to "personal information" relating to a natural living person. In order for Kookaburra to provide you with the products you request, we may collect and store personal information about you which includes, but is not limited to:
- name, date of birth and age;
- identification information, including signature, and driver’s licence number;
- contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- details of a family member you register for an event, competition or promotion, including name and age;
- details about your purchases and orders from us and your product and services preferences;
- employer or business details;
- financial information, including bank and cheque account details and credit card details, and information about your credit history;
- images from video surveillance and other cameras in our stores (including in car parks, pick up areas and store entrances); and
- if you apply for employment with us, details regarding your employment history, educational qualifications and similar information.
This information allows us to identify you. In certain circumstances, we may also collect sensitive information such as your membership of a professional or trade association.
Kookaburra collects personal information about you when you send us an order, deal with us over the telephone, visit our website or visit us in person. We may also receive personally identifiable information from other sources, such as:
- if you purchase or order any product from us;
- if you contact Kookaburra, including to make an inquiry regarding our products, to make a complaint, to provide feedback or to seek a refund;
- if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to KOOKABURRA;
- if you interact with Kookaburra via social networking services;
- if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or use any of our online applications;
- if you participate in any competition that we conduct;
- if you apply for a CreditorWatch or Equifax account or any other type of credit account with Kookaburra; or
- if you submit an employment application to us.
We may also collect personal information about you from:
- publicly available sources, including from Australian Government agencies such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, New Zealand Companies Office, internet search platforms and social media platforms;
- any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to Kookaburra;
- credit reporting bodies and other credit providers, if you apply for a CreditorWatch or Equifax account or any other type of credit account with Kookaburra;
- any persons you nominate, if you submit an employment application to us.
Generally we will tell you why we are collecting the information when we collect it and how we plan to use it if not obvious to a reasonable person at time of collection. We only collect personal information that is necessary to provide you with our products and services. We will only collect sensitive information with your express consent. If you do not consent to certain uses of your personal information we may not be able to provide you with your requested products or services.
Use and disclosure
We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
Kookaburra may use your personal information:
- to charge you for products we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
- to provide advice regarding our products to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
- to deliver our products to you;
- to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us
- to provide refunds and exchanges;
- to promote and advertise our products (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
- to undertake product recalls;
- to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis;
- to determine your product preferences and preferred store locations;
- in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
- to assist us to develop and deliver new products;
- to assess any application that you make to us for a CreditorWatch or Equifax account or other credit account of any nature;
- to assist us, our service providers and related companies in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- to recruit our employees or engage contractors;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
We work with a number of third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties to facilitate the provision of products to you (including to facilitate repairs and customer recalls), such as to product manufacturers and suppliers, couriers and installers;
- marketing, advertising and promotions services providers and event organisers in connection with Kookaburra’s marketing, advertising and events;
- third parties who provide services to Kookaburra in connection with our business operations, monitoring trends in customer preferences or transactions and the operation and maintenance of our website, as well as our online services or online applications;
- credit reporting agencies and other credit providers, to assist in assessing any application that you make to us for a CreditWatch account or other credit account, of any nature;
- third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to Kookaburra in connection with our business, including for example financial institutions, security services providers, market research companies, IT service providers, payment processers and collectors, mailing houses and card manufacturers;
- Kookaburra professional advisers, where required to enable any such adviser to provide services to Kookaburra;
- third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- other persons disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected.
Transfer of information overseas
Some of our service providers may be located overseas or may store information (including your personal information) that we provide to them overseas. We may also provide your personal information to related companies of Kookaburra that are located overseas. Therefore the personal information you provide to us may be held overseas. The jurisdictions in which the personal information you provide to us may be held include Australia, England and New Zealand.
Personal information you disclose to us will only be held or processed overseas in accordance with all applicable law.
Links to other websites
Website fiscal information
Unless otherwise stated, all details on this website should be considered unaudited. Kookaburra reserve the right to update, where necessary, unaudited information to reflect changes in the business' veracity.
Marketing and advertising
As part of Kookaburra’s functions and business activities and to promote the products we can provide to you, Kookaburra may use and disclose to third parties personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of advertising (including online behavioural advertising) and direct marketing. We may engage third parties to assist us in ensuring that the marketing and advertising we provide is of interest to you. Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, Kookaburra or third parties sending to you and/or contacting you directly in relation to promotions and information about Kookaburra’s products and services. Generally, we will provide direct marketing to you where you have requested or consented to receiving such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications by sending an email to [email protected].
Security and storage
Kookaburra will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. For example, Kookaburra seeks to ensure that personal information in paper form is held securely, and personal information held electronically by or for Kookaburra is held on secured servers in controlled facilities.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, Kookaburra cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to Kookaburra over the internet.
Updating Personal Information
Kookaburra will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete, and up to date at the time of collecting, using, or disclosing the information. You should contact Kookaburra if you believe that the Personal Information that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or not up to date, and we will promptly update the information. If Kookaburra disagrees with your request, you may request that a statement be attached to your Personal Information.
If you want to know what Personal Information we hold
Please contact us. Kookaburra will try to comply with your request promptly. In some limited circumstances, Kookaburra may not be able to tell you what Personal Information Kookaburra holds about you. This may include where it may threaten the privacy of other individuals, or where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings, or would reveal our commercially sensitive decision-making process, or we are prevented by law from disclosing the information.
Disposal of Personal Information
Kookaburra will destroy Personal Information if it is no longer needed for the purposes it was collected, or to meet any legal requirement.
Questions and Complaints
If you have any questions or complaints about this Policy, Kookaburra’s collection of your personal information or the way in which Kookaburra deals with your personal information, this should be directed to the person listed in Contact Details below.
We will promptly investigate any complaint you make to us and attempt to resolve that complaint. If you are not satisfied with Kookaburra’s proposed resolution of your complaint, or if we do not respond to you within 30 days of the date you make the complaint, then you may, if you are in Australia, contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or, if you are in New Zealand, the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner to resolve that complaint:
These terms may change
Who we are