Cricket footwear is an essential part of the game we love and at Kookaburra sport we have the best cricket spikes to suit your gameday and training needs. Kookaburra's cricket spikes have evolved substantially and are an essential piece of gear to get through the summer on turf wickets. In conjunction with industry leading technologies and our professional athletes, we have designed our Pro Players models to our Pro 2.0 Model to suit the modern rigours of playing conditions in Australia. Our premium Pro Players Spikes are currently the lightest shoes on the market with innovative features built in to take your game to the next level.
Industry leading cricket shoe technology
We understand what drives athletes, and that’s why we’ve developed a line of spike cricket shoes that will give you a competitive edge. Everything that we supply is made with the player in mind and will more than impress. Our designs boast a range of advanced features including:
- The Upper – A 3D breathable lightweight fly knit mesh with TEX3 moulded rubber overlays and built in flex zones to deliver the most advanced upper in the game. A proprietary Q-LOCK lockdown system keeps the foot secure and comfortable without distraction.
- The Midsole - A stable, lightweight, super soft phylon foam delivering superb cushioning and protection combined with a heel crash pad designed to protect and cradle the foot on impact through pressure dispersion in the midsole. A Poron XRD innersole adds enhanced shock dispersion on the foot strike to round out the most comfortable ride in world cricket.
- The Outsole – A super light TPU sole plate with a 7-2 combination stud configuration and additional TPU spikes for added stability and traction, keeping you grounded and balanced through the rigours of gameday.
Cricket Shoe Sizing Guide
To make sure you walk away with the perfect fit, ensure you refer to our cricket shoe size guide and then check out the Kookaburra cricket spike collection. Caring for your spike cricket shoes or cricket cleats is important to ensure you get longevity out of your shoes and maintain the investment you have made in a Kookaburra premium cricket spike. We would recommend the following to care for your cricket shoes:
- Airing – ensure you try and air your cricket shoes and ensure they are fully dry before packing them away. This will help prevent mould or bacteria build-up in your shoe and shoe bag.
- Cleaning – maintain the upper, midsole and outsole with a soft bristle shoe cleaning brush and a damp cloth to remove dirt, grit and grass stains. This will help keep your cricket spikes in pristine condition and will help them last longer.
- Protection – It is highly recommended to store cricket spikes in a shoe bag or a separate shoe garage in your Cricket Kit Bag to ensure you are not only protecting your spikes, but also your other valuable cricket gear from damage.
Cricket Shoe Care Tips
We also have some Cricket Spike Maintenance Tips that are important to ensure you stay at the top of your game:
- Pre-game – ensure you tighten your spikes with an approved cricket spike spanner. Make sure they are tight, but not overly tight as this can also damage the spanner and/or the threads on the spikes. Tighten with care.
- During the Game – Check your outsole plate periodically to see if your spikes have come loose, have debris build-up or you have lost a spike while fielding. Be sure to have your shoe spanner stored away in your cricket bag to assist with this.
- Post-Game – At the end of a hard day in the middle be sure to air your shoes off outside allowing them to fully dry. Use a damp cloth to clean the upper, midsole and outsole to remove excess dirt and debris. Be sure to make sure your spikes are free of dirt and game ready for your next session.
We can also help if you’re looking for Cricket Shoe Accessories. Feel free to contact our friendly team for more information.